Good news: I finally got the Satzuma Missile Launcher working on my Mac Yosemite. Solution it the latest (unfortunately unreleased) version of USB Missile Launcher NZ. You can download USB Missile Launcher NZ v1.8.2 from here, a source I found after digging through the comments of version 1.8.1 announcement:
To get started with Satzuma, install v1.8.2, restart you Mac (bummer), open `USB Missile Launcher NZ.app`, go to Preferences -> Launcher and
enter `1046` for VendorId, `3777` for ProductId and change Controls to Satzuma (see screenshot) – Boom! You’re all set – happy shooting!
Next, I want to check https://code.google.com/p/pymissile – having a working CLI version would be so much better!
For the record: a great post by Tim Arnold – things ‘NOT TO DO’ to a Pinball Machine:
We were given a couple of BSH Home appliances, Relayr WunderBars, Arduino, RaspberryPi, Seeedstudio Grove, Nest etc. – so all the Toys a hardware hacker only could think of.
Our idea was to bring FUN the to dull, boring household tasks. We solve this problem by gamify cleaning duties – regular household tasks are turned into a big game, you score every-time you fulfill a task, as sooner and thoroughly, as more points you get.
After 24hrs we presented a first prototype – including a dishwasher, a smart trashcan and a smart broom. The jury was amazed and we scored the 2nd price!
— relayr (@relayr_cloud) March 1, 2015
See our Hacklog, Repository, Pictures and more here:
There was recently a call on the Softwerkskammer Emailgroup for good sources to improve ones software development skills. Here a summary of all recommendations:
* Buch: Headfirst Design Patterns
* OOSE, Vielleicht hilft Dir das hier weiter: http://www.oose.de/training/objektorientiertes-design-mit-entwurfsmustern/
– OOSE für die Schulung ‘iSAQB’
* Videoreihe von Robert C. Martin: http://cleancoders.com
* Robert C. Martin – Agile Software Development, Principles, Patterns, Practices. In this book the notion of SOLID Principles is very well documented.
* Gang of Four – Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
* Apprenticeship Patterns http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596518387.do
* Skillsmatters Von ndc Oredev
* State: Tennis Kata http://garajeando.blogspot.de/2012/11/refactoring-kata-tennis-to-state-pattern.html
– Bsp zur Tennis Kata: http://blog.ploeh.dk/2011/05/16/TennisKatawithimmutabletypesandacyclomaticcomplexityof1/
* “refactoring to patterns” von joshua kerievsky
* Video-seite wurde ich alles von Kevlin Henney
* “Domain Driven Design” von Eric Evans für Einsteiger ist “implementing Domain driven Design”
* “Being the Worst” podcast
* m.feathers mit “working effectivly with legacy Code”
* “Refactoring – Improving the Design of Existing Code”. Fowler ist ein Meister des OO-Design und das Buch ist voller Beispiele. http://martinfowler.com/books/refactoring.html
I recently wrote a simple Android App which allows me to control my HarmonKardon Avr-35 stereo remotely via IR. Presenting: IrDude.
It uses the an undocumented Samsung IR API, so its unfortunately very much tight to Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet. Nevertheless, it does the Job for my, and is hopefully a good starting point for other to do similar. Check http://www.remotecentral.com to find hex codes to support other devices.
[image from IR PUCK]
Oh yeah, I can’t believe Dutch Pinball did it. They are building a Big Lebowski pinball machine!!! I features all the legendary Movie characters, and of course, a bowling alley below the playfield. Can’t wait to get my hands on that.
It’s soon the end of the year and time to say ‘thank-you’ to projects and people I profit from on a regular basis. This year it its:
* iTerm – http://iterm2.com
* SequelPro – http://www.sequelpro.com
* DaviCal – http://www.davical.org
* Serial Podcast – http://serialpodcast.org
* Logbuch: Netzpolitik – http://logbuch-netzpolitik.de
* Alternativlos – http://alternativlos.org
* MacTechnews – get the App to support the project – http://www.mactechnews.de
* Outbank – http://www.outbank.de
* Time Pritlove – https://flattr.com/profile/timpritlove
* Jack Conte – http://www.patreon.com/JackConte
* more to come…
More on my Flattr Page:
Related: open call with @Flattr @GetCentUp @Patreon @GitTip on Sustainable Crowdfunding:
OMG! its happening – The 90s are back!
Update: And even better, Silver Castle Pinball is building a real(!!!) Timeshock! Machine:
WunderBar – a great Internet of Things Starter Kit for App Developers:
[via Moritz, thx]