This weekend was Rails 3.1 Hackfest. The rails community was called to test the upcoming version 3.1 to its limits, to find bugs and or flaws and get it polished for the final release. So I did:
I’m working with the rails 3.1 since it first release candidate, but never tried in production. So I made my task to finally test this, and bring my app in the wild – on my (not root) server. Rails 3.0 is running there smoothly so I didn’t expect any problems – wrong!
I read this article, which supposed to precompile the assets – didn’t help either and runtime is needed again.
[cheesey image taken from PragDave – thx]